- I won’t ask you for money but I will ask you to (please) REBLOG this because spreading awareness to just one single person is worth its weight in gold. Thank you 10 million times in advance! I owe you. xoxo
Today, November 13th, is the first ever World Pancreatic Cancer Day.
Did you know...
- PC is terminal. We hope for miracles (because they do happen), but when diagnosed late, there is no beating this disease.
- PC patients are rarely diagnosed prior to finding it at Stage IV and it’s often referred to as the “silent killer” of cancers.
- PC is the 4th leading cause in cancer related deaths in the US.
- PC has the lowest survival rate out of all major cancers.
- 73% of those diagnosed will die within one year.
- Only 5% of PC patients have a five-year survival rate.
My next-door neighbor, Jean Anne Dull, was diagnosed on Christmas Day 2013. She went to the ER with excruciating pain, thinking that possibly she had an intestinal blockage or kidney infection. Instead, she had Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer. In the ten months after her diagnosis, she fought her illness and lived each day to its fullest.
Please educate yourself about this particular kind of cancer and know the signs and symptoms to be on the lookout for.
Post a Comment