Sunday, December 2, 2012

It's A Holiday... Recipe!

Our family is not quite "normal."  I think we've established that already.  The holidays are no exception.  So when Mel and Michele prompted us once again, I couldn't resist sharing.


'KETCHUP WITH US' - PROMPT #7

SHARE A FAVORITE HOLIDAY RECIPE. THERE IS NO WORD LIMIT. 

(WELL, LET’S NOT GET CRAZY. HOW ABOUT NOTHING OVER 1000 WORDS?)


Christmas Eve is a Crocker Family tradition.  We take turns hosting, and it's always snackie foods...  dips, meatballs, shrimp, cookies, libations...

I usually bring a chicken wing or taco dip, nuts and a cookie tray.  Please let me share my favorite cookie recipe with you - passed down through at least six generations, Miss Sassypants being the latest.

Grandma Drew's Soft Sugar Cookies

½ c. shortening
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 T cream
1 t vanilla

Add to:
2 ½ c. flour
¼ t baking soda
½ t salt

Roll out and cut; bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Icing
Confectioners sugar
Shortening
Vanilla
Cream

Stick with this recipe, and Santa's cookie plate will look like this on Christmas Eve:


Ketchup With Us

7 comments:

  1. YUM! I love the sugar cookie dough! These sound perfect. Thanks for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We usually have to make a double batch... otherwise there is barely enough dough left to make the cookies!

      Delete
  2. I'm a cookie monster (not the cute kind) so we might just have to try this recipe this year. My biggest problem is always rolling them thin enough so I don't wind up with bloated, amorphous blobs to decorate from the oven.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I PROMISE you that if you try these, you won't be disappointed. Bon appetit!

      Delete