Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Which Way is UP Again??

I just realized that I haven't actually written a post since my work schedule increased.  I'm barely treading water here, folks.

"Work extra hours for the summer," they said.

"Help out while So-and-So goes to school full-time for the summer term," they said.

"You'll have extra money in your pocket for summer activities,"  they said.

"It'll be fun," they said.

They LIED.

The first week of these increased hours, our manager dropped a bomb on us.  She was leaving for a different position.  Leaving us with one of the owner/pharmacists to take over in the interim.  And So-and-So?  Well, her "schedule," and I use the term very loosely, is extremely unreliable.  I've been there way more than I've agreed to be.

We're all under an enormous amount of stress.

We've kept it together at the office, but have confessed to each other that we've all cried at home.

I'm pretty darn sure that I didn't sign up for this.

On the up side, though, I've made boyfriends with about every 90-year-old man that's come into the place lately.  They all love me for some reason.  I'm a friggin' old man magnent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment