Tuesday, September 4, 2012

KETCHUP WITH US - prompt #1

Oh, yes...  this is what finally prompted me to get my blog started, because I have the best advice ever given by an older person whom I've admired. 

The advice is:
It's better to fart and bear the shame...  than not to fart and bear the pain!
This sage advice came from none other than my very own...  GRANDMOTHER!

 Yep, there she is...  Barbara Crocker.  Gram.  No doubt practicing what she preached.
 A classy lass, indeed...  she always had a clever quip to share!  The best sense of humor ever, I might add - twisted - that might explain why I am the way I am.  Alas, she left for the Big Bingo Parlor in the Sky back in March of 1997, but I see a lot of her in my girl...  in a good way.

Thanks to OldDogNewTits and AccordingToMags for prompting me to remember such sage advice from such a fun and crazy lady!

Ketchup With Us

11 comments:

  1. That is perfect advice. So true! :) Thank you for linking up. Welcome to the Bloggy madness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had a million of 'em! No wonder I was constantly embarrassed...

      Delete
  2. Perfect. I would expect nothing less from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard that one before. LOVE IT! Good old Grandma.

    Thanks for linking up. And be sure to link up not just your blog in general but the specific link to your 'Ketchup with Us' post so it continues to come up correctly when clicked. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really hysterical. Your grandma sounds like a lot of fun.

    I came over from the Ketchup Linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this advice. We are a freely farting family. Growing up, I was prohibited from even saying the word "fart". We had to say FLATULATE with a straight face. My mom loved emulating the queen. Us kids, not so much.
    Laura at welcometograndcentral.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny! Love it! The over-65 set can be "a hoot" - as my over-65 mom says. ;-)

    (Here from the Ketchup linkup)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom used to say that too! I think she got it from her grandmother, because I know I never heard *her* mom say it!

    ReplyDelete