Sunday, September 30, 2012

Jumping into the Pool

I have finally decided to take the plunge, albeit into the kiddie pool.  After talking to Cindy on Wednesday and doing a little research, I've decided to try my hand at trying to sell some of my handi-craftiness online.

I decided to start on eBay, and to start small.  Eventually I plan on working my way up to pre-made scrapbook pages - you know, the kind that all you have to do is paste your photos in and BAM!  You're done!  But for now, I thought I'd get some use out of my Cricut machine.  When I first got the machine several years ago, I used it mostly to make titles on my scrapbook pages, but now the cartridges have moved more into cute cartoon-ey little things.  So I was looking at the booklet for my newest cartridge and thinking, "Yeah, I think people may like this stuff!"  There you have it.  Saturday afternoon I took myself to Hobby Lobby and bought a huge pack of textured cardstock, and that night I started cutting.  First I did fall trees.  And I'll admit, they turned out pretty darn cute!
And here's the listing:  AUTUMN TREE PAPER PIECING

Tonight, I cut out a bunch of Back-to-School sets.  These ones are a little more of a pain in the butt, only because they have rosy little cheeks that are not the easiest to get glued on.  lol  How cute are these??

Based on how these go, I'll make more.  I'm going to try to stay seasonal.  Also, I'll probably stay on eBay for now, but possibly branch onto Etsy.  

So for now it's baby steps:  First:  Pay for the supplies  Next:  Make a profit!  

I'd really appreciate it if you'd spread the word...  over on eBay I'm keeker3.  I've been over there for almost 10 years!  (And to think it all started with a chance encounter with a Furby...)


Much love!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your crafty on, Kelly! Hope to see more soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Betsy! It's not as fancy as your work, but it's me! :-)

    ReplyDelete