Friday, February 15, 2013

A VERY Exciting Announcement!

This deal has been in the works for literally months, and I have Scott Durbin to thank for all of it!

It all started back in October, not too long after I started The Crafty Insomniac.  My friend Kiki and her family were going to Detroit to see the Imagination Movers in concert, to use tickets that she had won in a contest using some super-awesome earrings that she makes...  we call them "gearrings."  Well, Kiki and her Mini are my and Miss Sassypants's concert buddies.  We've been to dozens of Movers shows together, and we were super-bummed to be missing this one.  We decided to make a batch of our homemade Chex Mix to send along with them as a gift, as we know they tire of sweet treats.  Then we decorated the container...

After the goodies were delivered, Scott was quite impressed with the little paper dolls.  We had e-mailed back and forth and he gave me a lot of encouragement regarding my business.

Fast-forward to November, when we went to the opening of A Very Furry Christmas at Sesame Place in Langhorne, Pennsylvania.  The Movers were playing sets all day, and I had made each of the guys a paper-doll version of themselves for Sassy to give to them as a gift.  They were a huge hit!

The very next Monday, I got an e-mail from Jessi Sanborn, the office manager (for lack of a better title) for the Movers.  She was singing the praises of these little dolls and asked if I'd be interested in selling them on their website.  Well, is the Pope Catholic???

Since that time we've been conversing back and forth, and today she sent me a link to show that my sets were now available for sale on the Movers website!  This is so exciting!!

Check it out here:  http://imagination-movers.myshopify.com/products/movers-paper-figures




It is so strange and exciting to see my products on a website like this for sale!

I wish that I could give Jessi a huge hug to thank her for such an opportunity... She is so awesome for making this happen! I also need to thank Kiki, who has been my support throughout this process - she has talked me down from the ledge so many times and kept me as sane as I get. I will definitely be taking her up on her offer for slave labor, very soon!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your exciting Announcement. this is really exciting. I read your this announcement. Movers in NYC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Kelly! These are adorable and it is fantastic that the Movers are selling these through their website! Happy Mover making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky... I'm excited! This has been a long time in the making and hard to keep under wraps! :-)

      Delete