Thursday, February 14, 2013

Well, Shoot!

I can't believe it...  Miss Brown was right...  I DO have the bronchitis!!!  I can't freaking believe it.  I've never had it before.  All of these 29 (cough, cough) years and JEEZ!

After yesterday's cookie debacle  I decided it was time to break down and go see a professional.  My doctor only works in her office in the afternoons, as she's at the hospital in the mornings, so I opted for Urgent Care down the street from me.  They are great there, though!  So I'm now on a Z-pack, steroids and a cough medicine with codeine at night.  All drugged up, I dare say!

So what happened yesterday?

My troop co-leader and I went and picked up our cookies at our scheduled time, and it went quite smoothly up until the last moment.  She pushed on the back gate of her minivan to make sure that it was closed tightly and we heard the doors lock.  Her keys were on the front seat.  CRAP!  Guess what...  so was her phone!  So we got her squared away eventually; she used my phone and got ahold of her insurance company to access roadside assistance to get the van unlocked, and while we were waiting we helped other troops load up their cookies.  Once we got everything back to my house, we unloaded both her van and my Jeep, organized all of the cookies by flavor, then sorted all of our girls' cookies.  Times cookies moved:  Twice.  Then that evening, parents came over a two-hour period to pick up their orders, so I was outside in the cold for that.  By the time 7:00 came, I was wiped out beyond imagination.  That never happens to me!  As I lay on the couch with Miss Sassypants at the other end, too exhausted to even put her to bed, that's when I realized that I needed to break down and seek out medical attention.  Not only that, but my niece had her baby last night and I'd never be able to go see Baby G in this shape!

Must...  Get...  Better!

No comments:

Post a Comment