Monday, February 11, 2013

Ain't Nobody Got Time 4 That!!

Sweet Brown said it, and she meant it.  And let me tell you...  she was right!  I couldn't even get me a cold pop!



I didn't get the Bronchitis, but what I did get was knocked out for the count!  An entire weekend of SICK.

Maybe we should back up for a second here.  See, it all started last Monday morning.  I woke up and got Miss Sassypants up for school, and she came into the bathroom complaining of a headache and a dry throat.  Well, she's just not a complainer, and as it turned out, she had a fever.  She was out of school for two days, then had cold symptoms for another two.

Fast Forward to Friday evening.  We had a pretty bad snow storm, and while we were still at my parents', my cough (which I'd had since Christmas, but had been dormant lately) started acting up again.  Once we got home and settled in, the power went out.  Sass and I settled in on the couch with our candles, flashlights and lanterns, and while she fell asleep by 8:30, I felt myself getting congested.  Nice, I thought.  Mommy has always taught you to share, but this is ridiculous!  When Mr. Sunshine/Daddy got home from work around 11:00 that night, he noticed that I was starting to sound sick as well.  I was in denial, though...  Moms don't have time for sickness!

Luckily, Saturday morning swimming lessons had been cancelled due to the weather, because this mama wasn't moving too fast at all.  Hack, sneeze, blow...  good times!  Cough medicine doesn't work on me at all (which sucks!!), but there is one miracle drug that does, so I went to the medicine cabinet for it:
Mucinex Fast-Max is my salvation!  I opened the bottle and poured it into the cup...  WHAT????  Only a half a dose was left!!  Great!  So what happens?  Does Husband offer to go to the store to get his wife the only thing that will make her feel halfway human?  Of course not!  But he does offer to pay for it.  Shucks, hun...  you're the best!  So I haul my sick rear end into the shower, where I have a discussion with this virus, giving it no more than two days until it was evicted from this house for good, and then I make myself minimally presentable for the thankfully short drive to Target to purchase my miracle drug.  After that, the rest of the day is a blur.  I do remember Sass fixing me a bed on the couch and sleeping on the other end that night to "take care" of me, but that's about it.

Sunday I don't spend much time off the sick bed/couch, which is by this time equipped with a bedside tray stocked with Kleenex Plus Lotion, bottled water, Sprees, my iPhone charger and the TV remote.  I slept on and off for most of the day, making it most difficult to fall asleep at night.  And let me say, when you are all caught up on your DVR shows, you find the most interesting things on the TV late at night!  After watching Barbra Streisand and Walter Matthau in "Hello, Dolly!" I flipped around to find Elvis Presley playing a singing doctor to Mary Tyler Moore's nun in a 1969 movie called "Change of Habit."  That was...  odd.  I'm surprised I didn't have weird dreams about that one.

One good thing that came out of all this was that after I managed to cook dinner for my family last night, I decided to sit down and attempt to learn how to use my new Cricut machine.  I'd had the same Cricut Create for nearly four years, and this new Expression 2 is a whole new game!  First, let me say that attempting to do this while I still had a splitting headache was not, in hindsight, the best of ideas, but I persevered and cranked out a few cute seasonal projects!




Well here it is, Monday again, and there is no rest for the wicked.  Back to our regular weekday schedule we go, and I'll admit, it was a rough start for me.  I made it through, though!  We got ready, got Sassy to the bus stop in plenty of time, and I even managed to come back in the house and clean up the breakfast dishes and take chicken out of the freezer to thaw for fajitas.  Then...  then I needed to rest.  Guess I'm not Superwoman after all.  (But we'll keep that between us, if you don't mind...)  I lay back down for a bit, and for some reason I literally popped back up at exactly 8:40 and felt so much better!  I took all of the blankets and bedding from the couch and threw it in the washer, put all of the cushions back where they belonged, and was back at my desk doing the work I love.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that the recovery is complete ASAP!  After all, in less than 48 hours, the cookie madness begins for real.  I'll have a garage filled with Girl Scout cookies and my time will not be my own for the next six weeks.  Ain't nobody got time for that!!


No comments:

Post a Comment