Thursday, March 7, 2013

So Far, So Good

We're nearing the second full week of the new job, and I'm starting to feel at home there.  I've got some of my photos and a few of my personal things up; I feel more comfortable with the tasks that I've been given; I'm getting to know the people I work with better; I even have my own filing cabinet now!  

Normally, my schedule is Monday through Thursday...  8:30 a.m. til 2:00.  Today as I was talking to my boss, she asked me what time Miss Sassypants got off the bus and she said, "Oh, that won't help for tomorrow."  I reminded her that I didn't work on Fridays, and she was like, "Oh, yeah!"  I asked if she needed me, and she said Sure.  So I get an extra day this week.  Woo hoo...  more money!  Plus, I still get to take the time off for our Girl Scout troop's trip to Washington, DC.  She's going to let me make the time up by working extra days I normally don't.  :-)



In other news, we're coming to that time where some of Sassy's friends' bodies are starting to change.  I guess that means that Sass isn't far behind.  As we moms were talking at our Girl Scout planning Monday evening, we kind of decided that it was getting about that time to have "That Talk" with our girls.  Ugh...  Puberty.  How in the heck do you even do that??  I vaguely remember my mom talking to me about it, and I remember trying to hide my first period from my mom and my Gram.  Yeah...  that worked like a charm!  So on the way home that night, I dipped my toe into the pool by having a preliminary "Talk" with the Sass.  I just asked her if she remembered how I told her that pretty soon, hers and her friends' bodies were going to start to change, and asked her if she knew any of the changes that would happen.  Of course, she knew about boobies.  We talked briefly about the other things that would happen, and she seemed OK with what we spoke about.  Now, none of these changes have started happening with her (thank goodness), but I know that soon we'll have to go deeper into this conversation.  The three of us mothers are trying to figure out the best ways to do this, and so far we've come up with this set of books that American Girl has put out:

There is also a program that is put on by Girl Scouts that we're considering having presented to our entire troop - they're third- and fourth-graders.  I'm sure we're not the only moms struggling with how to talk to their girls about this one!

I guess it's really no wonder that I've had a headache for four days straight...


2 comments:

  1. Oh lawrd! All ready? They grow up do quick, don't they? Nothing better than a prepared mama. Can't wait to hear how it goes. I'll need advise!

    ReplyDelete