Saturday, March 16, 2013

Whew!

I love this feeling.  The feeling when you know that you technically don't have to look at another Girl Scout cookie again for eleven more months.  It's so...  liberating.

Now, don't get me wrong!  I love Girl Scouts and everything we stand for.  Why else would I have signed my daughter up for Daisies in Kindergarten, allow myself to be roped into a co-leader position the following year and now get sucked into a Service Unit leadership role?  (More on that in a moment...)  But let's just say that by the time the last couple of weeks of cookie season comes around and you've spent your weekends freezing your own cookies off outside of stores with your girls - hawking Thin Mints and Samoas - that the thrill is somehow gone.  So when Miss Sassypants sold her 1,000th box last Sunday afternoon outside of Sam's Club, I'm pretty sure I jumped for joy.  

I'm so proud of that little twerp!  She really does work her buns off.  She starts off the season in January by making a sales pitch video for her family and friends, and doesn't stop there.  Here is this year's video:


This year, I wasn't working during pre-sales, so I wasn't able to take the cookie sheet into the office to sell cookies for her.  And Mr. Sunshine refuses to take it into his work, but who's to blame him?  I mean...  he works in a prison.  So she ended Initial Sales with exactly 200 boxes sold.  Her goal was 1000, so that left (for those of us who are math-challenged) 800 boxes to sell at booths.  We knew she could do it...  the kid's a born salesperson!  So she sold and sold and sold.  She was at every single booth that our troop put on, no matter where it was or what the weather had in store.  


We were out there in 16-degree temperatures with wind chills in the negative numbers!  (Thank goodness for thermal underwear and snow pants!)  So I can very confidently say that she deserved to be happy and proud at this moment:

So what is this new role I got roped into?  Well, let's just say that there was alcohol involved.  Isn't that usually how it starts?  Anyway, you are now reading the musings of the new - Oh, what is it, now??  Internal Communications Coordinator for the Pegasus Service Unit for Girl Scout of NYPENN Pathways.  Lord help us all.  And what we don't do for our girls...

No comments:

Post a Comment