Monday, October 22, 2012

Business!

I've been keeping myself very busy this weekend with custom orders, and it all started on a whim.  After we made our mini paper selves to ship off to Detroit with Kiki and family for the Imagination Movers show, I posted it on my Facebook page.  After a bit, I thought...  why not?  I offered up paper dolls in the likenesses of whomever anyone wanted!  It's kind of fun having your family made up into little dolls!  And boy, did the orders pour in!

The idea that started it all...

Then I made a mini Kiki up as a Thank You for hauling our Mix across state lines...
Ain't she purdy??

It was fun taking the orders...  seeing what everyone chose for their "outfits" and the like!  Plus, I got to stalk people's Facebook pages when I needed specifics on things like what their husbands' hair looks like or whether their ears are pierced...  Anyway, I know that some of the orders have made it to their destinations, so I thought I'd share them!


Here we have Miss Amy, my first order.  She requested a pink shirt and cowboy boots!  :-)

This is Barb, a.k.a. Steroid Barbie.  A sneaky little devil ordered her and...
Imagination Mover Scott and had them sent to Miss Barb as a gift!

As of this afternoon, I've finished up the first round of custom orders.  I even had a request for a zombie version of someone...  that was fun!  So if you're looking for a paper doll version of yourself, family members, friends, or (yes) even Imagination Movers, e-mail me at thecraftyinsomniac@stny.rr.com and we'll get you all set up! 

In the mean time, check me out at my Etsy shop!






No comments:

Post a Comment